Wednesday, December 1, 2010

World's Best Pasta Sauce

I'm usually pretty skeptical of "world's best" claims, but this pasta sauce really is the best sauce I've ever had. This will work with any kind of pasta--I used orecchiette.

World's Best Pasta Sauce

8 oz ground Italian Sausage, sweet or mild flavored
6 oz ground beef
1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
14 oz can crushed tomatoes
6 oz can tomato paste
8 oz can tomato sauce
1/4 cup chicken broth
1 Tbsp brown sugar
1 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp Italian seasoning
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp black pepper

Combine sausage, beef, onion, and garlic in medium frying pan. Cook until meat is no longer pink.

Combine sausage mixture with remaining ingredients in a crock-pot. Cook on low for 4 hours. Serves 6.

3 comments:

Tracie@gurtler+home said...

Do you think that you'd be able to Jar this sauce or freeze it? We don't eat much red sauce, but I'm always looking for something I can pull out and use when I want to.

Rachelle said...

Tracie,

I would hesitate to can this simply because of the meat involved. However, I bet it would freeze wonderfully. I'll try that next time I make it.

Bird Removal Fort Collins said...

Thanks for sharing.