Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apple Muffins

Here is this morning's "let's see what I have in the pantry" recipe. These muffins are best served warm with a little bit of butter or jam. Don't bother peeling the apples.

Apple Muffins

3/4 cup apple juice
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups diced apples
Brown sugar

Whisk together apple juice, egg, vegetable oil, sugar, and honey. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Fold in apples.

Grease a muffin tin. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Lightly sprinkle each muffin with brown sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.


Lisa said...

Mmm, I wish I had your apple muffins this morning. They look delightful. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up.

The Harried Cook said...

Mmmm, They look and sound great! :) I could so do with one or two of these right now... Thanks for sharing!