Sunday, June 12, 2011

Frosty Lime Mini Cheesecakes

Now that Utah's finally started to warm up it's time for frozen desserts. I made these in my mini cheesecake pan but next time I think I'll just make them in a pie dish and serve them like regular pie.


Frosty Lime Mini Cheesecakes

1 1/2 cups crushed Oreo crumbs
1/3 cup butter, melted
12 oz cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
1 Tbsp lime zest
1/4 cup fresh lime juice
2 Tbsp sugar

Spray a pie dish or square pan with non-stick cooking spray.

Combine Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press into the bottom of prepared dish. Place into freezer.

Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sweetened condensed milk, whipping cream, lime zest, lime juice, and sugar. Mix until well-combined. Add green food coloring if desired (I used 1 drop).

Pour cream cheese mixture over crust. Freeze for at least 30 minutes.

Remove from freezer five to ten minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream and lime slices if desired.

1 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love this recipe. I have a similar one with lemon but I will have to try the lime now. Love the simplicity of your blog. Nothing to clutter just great photos and great recipes. Thanks for visiting me and leaving a comment. I'll be your newest follower.