Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sprinkle Sandwich Cookies

A recipe similar to this one has been in my "to be baked" file for a long time. I decided to try out a homemade Funfetti mix rather than buying one from the store, and I like the results! I was surprised how fast it all came together.



Sprinkle Sandwich Cookies


1 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup sprinkles


2 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
Milk


Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a mixing bowl. Add eggs, canola oil, and vanilla. Mix until combined. Fold in sprinkles.


Roll cookies into balls, bake at 350 for 11-13 minutes. Let stand on cookie sheet for 1 minute, then remove and let cool.


Put cream cheese in a small bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Add powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix well. Add milk while beating until desired consistency is reached.


Spread frosting between cookies and enjoy.

3 comments:

Mumsy said...

How adorable! My kids would go crazy for those.

Barbara Bakes said...

Love that you used a homemade Funfetti mix. I think these would be great with ice cream too.

The Harried Cook said...

How cute! :) Thanks for sharing this... I think this would go down great with my little girl1