Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Pictures Are Not Working Here

Pictures are just not working out in my new apartment. There's not enough light to get decent ones. I've been cooking quite a bit, but without photographic proof. :o) In the meantime, here are some good recipes that I've tried out:


1) Homemade Egg McMuffins:
I love that I can make these ahead of time and freeze them. Then, just pop it in the oven while you shower and get ready for the day. By the time you're ready to leave, you'll have a hot breakfast ready.

2) Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookies:
These really are perfect. I loved the guide towards the bottom that shows various cookies and what is wrong with them (too much flour, cooked at too high of a temperature, etc.). I'm seriously impressed with the recipe! I used a postage scale to weigh the ingredients.

3) Vegan Lasagna:
This was my favorite find. It was DELICIOUS! You could easily serve this to non-vegans and I'm convinced that everyone would be happy. Yum, yum! It does take some time to make, but it was worth it in the end. The cashew "cheese" was my favorite part--it would be great on sandwiches too. The only downside to this recipe is that it wasn't very good as leftovers. I loved it for a day or two, but after that it was mushy and blah. So, eat it quickly!

3 comments:

Angela said...

Rara, I just wanted you to know that we love you and miss you. One of my blog readers just reminded me about you and how gifted you are. I totally agree! I hope everything is well and if you decide to try blogging again, you already have some devoted fans :).

Rara said...

Thank you Angela! What a sweet note!

I feel that Rara Bakes has reached its end. I'm glad to know that you have found it helpful, and I intend to leave the current content up. I'm no longer going to add new posts.

All hope is not lost though! I do have a new blog if you'd like to give it a try. You can find me at http://pcosra.com/. I have a different focus now, but I may post recipes from time to time as well.

Thank you again for taking the time to share such a nice comment, and to let me know that this blog made an impact.

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your recipes generously. I would like to discuss with you on carrying on the life of this blog. Would you mind dropping me a note at rarabakes@gmail.com? Hope to hear from you! :)