Saturday, May 14, 2011

Apple Muffins

Here is this morning's "let's see what I have in the pantry" recipe. These muffins are best served warm with a little bit of butter or jam. Don't bother peeling the apples.

Apple Muffins

3/4 cup apple juice
1 egg
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup honey
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups diced apples
Brown sugar

Whisk together apple juice, egg, vegetable oil, sugar, and honey. Stir in flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Fold in apples.

Grease a muffin tin. Fill muffin cups 3/4 full. Lightly sprinkle each muffin with brown sugar. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Mmm, I wish I had your apple muffins this morning. They look delightful. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I'd like to invite you to stop by and link your muffins up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/05/sweets-for-saturday-17.html

The Harried Cook said...

Mmmm, They look and sound great! :) I could so do with one or two of these right now... Thanks for sharing!