Thursday, July 7, 2011

Pesto

I started my garden terribly late this year. In fact, I only planted it about two weeks ago. However, my basil is already growing well and I'm excited to have enough to make delicious pesto. This stuff is fabulous!


Pesto


1 cup fresh basil leaves, firmly packed
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup Pecorino Romano cheese, grated
2 Tbsp pine nuts
1/3 cup (approx.) olive oil

Combine basil, garlic, cheese, and nuts in food processor. Pulse until fairly smooth. Drizzle in olive oil while pulsing food processor until desired consistency is reached.

For a cheaper version, I've heard of (but not tried) using Parmesan cheese and walnuts.

4 comments:

The Harried Cook said...

I love homemade pesto! Yours looks green and yummy... Thanks for sharing :)

Lian said...

What kind of olive oil do you use?

Rachelle said...

Lian--I don't have a set brand of olive oil. I usually just go with something that is in the mid-range.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing.... Great receipe.