Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Smashed White Bean Avocado Club

I like mayonnaise, much more than I should. Sandwiches without mayo usually just don't work for me. However, this one is delicious! It's much healthier, and pretty quick to put together. Serve it open-faced.



Smashed White Bean Avocado Club

1 (15 oz) can Cannellini beans
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
Bread
2 avocados
Sprouts
Cucumbers (not pictured)
Red onions (not pictured)
Thinly sliced cooked chicken


Rinse and drain Cannellini beans. Combine beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until moderately smooth. If you don't have a food processor, mash the beans with a large fork and mix with the other ingredients.

Toast bread. Spread bean mixture on top. Layer avocado slices, sprouts, cucumber slices, thin strips of red onion, and chicken on top.

1 comments:

Rachel said...

I also really like mayonnaise. I've been trying to cut it out a little more, and instead I've been putting a ton of mustard on all my sandwiches. This looks pretty good.