Saturday, March 12, 2011

Muenster Macaroni and Cheese

Muenster cheese is one of my favorites. I love it in salads and on sandwiches. When I saw this recipe for a mild mac 'n cheese with Muenster, I knew I had to give it a try.

Muenster Mac 'n Cheese

12 oz pasta, any variety
5 Tbsp butter, divided
1 cup milk
8 oz Muenster cheese, diced
Salt and pepper
6 Ritz crackers

Cook pasta according to package directions, just until al dente. Drain.

While pasta is cooking, melt 4 Tbsp butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Once melted, add in milk and cheese. Continue cooking and stirring until cheese is melted. I found it helpful to switch to a whisk once the cheese started melting. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Once cheese is all melted, stir in noodles.

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Pour in noodle/cheese mixture.

Place Ritz crackers in a sandwich bag. Crush crackers. Melt 1 Tbsp butter and combine with crackers.

Sprinkle buttered cracker crumbs over noodles.

Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until crackers are golden brown. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks soooooo yummy!! Macaroni and Cheese is one of my faves :)

The Harried Cook said...

ooooooh! that looks yummy!