Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Smashed White Bean Avocado Club

I like mayonnaise, much more than I should. Sandwiches without mayo usually just don't work for me. However, this one is delicious! It's much healthier, and pretty quick to put together. Serve it open-faced.

Smashed White Bean Avocado Club

1 (15 oz) can Cannellini beans
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 avocados
Cucumbers (not pictured)
Red onions (not pictured)
Thinly sliced cooked chicken

Rinse and drain Cannellini beans. Combine beans, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a food processor and pulse until moderately smooth. If you don't have a food processor, mash the beans with a large fork and mix with the other ingredients.

Toast bread. Spread bean mixture on top. Layer avocado slices, sprouts, cucumber slices, thin strips of red onion, and chicken on top.


Rachel said...

I also really like mayonnaise. I've been trying to cut it out a little more, and instead I've been putting a ton of mustard on all my sandwiches. This looks pretty good.